I got a message earlier this week from Arlene at Armoured Up that she nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Please head over to her blog and check it out. You will not be disappointed. Arlene’s blog covers a variety of topics about everyday life. Through all of it she glorifies God in a thought-provoking and encouraging way. Thank you Arlene for this nomination!
There is no award money or golden statue. I don’t get to make a speech in front of others. There is not an acknowledgement on any news outlets. Instead, these blogging “awards” are a way for fellow bloggers to give each other a pat on the back and to highlight works that are inspiring, creative, and encouraging.
For this nomination, I have to let you know seven things about myself. I have found this to be a little difficult even though I can write about infertility and other rather personal matters. So here I go…..
1) I have several unfinished stories for children and adults saved on my computer. I visit the characters about once every five months or so. I am most definitely a neglectful mother to these fictional beings!
2) I absolutely believe that I had an encounter with an angel following the death of close relative in 1996. This occurred before I was fully engaged in my faith life. I plan to write about this experience soon.
3) Sometimes I sneak candy into my house and hide it from my children. I eat after it they go to bed or when they are not looking. I have only been caught with a mouthful of chocolate a couple of times by my five-year-old, but I know he is on to me.
4) I just got a cell phone three years ago, and set up my Facebook page last year….seriously.
5) I find it incredible that the words I write on my laptop here in the Ozarks are being read by people in Singapore, Australia, Germany, United Kingdom, and various other countries.
6) I really like ketchup on my spaghetti and mustard on my roast and potatoes. I know that is a random thought, sorry.
7) I hope my focus on wanting to write for His glory never becomes bigger than my desire to live for His glory.
Here are fifteen blogs I have selected for this award. I enjoy reading these blogs because each of them give me “food for thought” and I find them to be unique, creative, honest, and engaging. Go over and check them out.
a tale of puddin, tigger, & the blessing
master of life in earth, sky, and sea
Thanks again to Arlene for this nomination. I appreciate everyone for reading my blog. God Bless!
10 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Loved your seven….especially number 7! Wow!!! I agree. Blessings…
great post! How interesting…… story writer?? I’m intrigued!! Can’t wait to peruse these other blogs!!!
my wife and I are your number 3 and my son was five too when we were “caught” – I think he was on to us too. he is 25 now but he says he does not remember – whew!
That is funny! I know I’m not the only parent who hoards candy!
Your blog is certainly a blessing to many. May the Lord continue to use you for His glory. The award is much deserved by you.
Thank you for giving Setted In Heaven the award as well. It certianly is a blessing. It is only through the Lord and His intervention that SIH ministries exists and is used for His Glory. I praise His name for all He has done. Thank you again
Oh yes to number 7… That is such a good point.
Thank you so much for this. Will check other blogs. yey! Excited! =)
Good readinng this post
LikeLiked by 1 person