I just found out that I got the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! A fellow blogger, Charity, nominated me for this award. Her blog Blurbs of Grace is one that I routinely read and get inspired by. The name is perfect. The posts may be short and sweet but are mighty in their reflection of the Lord’s wisdom and love in our lives. Her other blog What Matters Most is about her life as a mother of five children and her call to minister to people in daily life and through her writing. Her testimony is just awesome. Thank you Charity for this nomination and for glorifying His works!
Now, as part of this nomination, I have to reveal 7 things about myself and then nominate 7 other bloggers who I find inspiring.
A little bit about me:
1. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed (in a good way) by the fact that I am blogging about my medical history and infertility. It used to be that I barely spoke of it. God has blessed me so much with His revelation of love in my life and His purpose.
2. I am delightfully reminded of His presence in what may seem as the most insignificant of events. I hear a song, word, or take part in a conversation and then I get inspired to write a post about it. The Lord pricks my ears and speaks to my heart the topics He wants me to write about.
3. I just starting writing my thoughts about infertility a few years ago. I felt the Lord telling me to write “my story” down. Before I knew it, I had written a complete manuscript of my life story and testimony. I am still not sure what He wants me to do with it, but am prayerful about His will for it.
4. Despite what I might see on a daily basis while working in child welfare, I still believe that there is goodness in people, that people want to learn, that people want to change, and that we need each other. I know the Lord wants us to love each other, to lead each other, and to forgive each other.
5. I am not an expert in infertility, but by His grace in my life, I have been able to glean many lessons that I hope will encourage others.
6. Road cycling is another one of my past-times. It is during long rides that I am able to pray with intention for the Lord’s wisdom. I have found that many lessons have been learned on my bike. (I am sure there will be a blog post soon about this!)
7. Following my very first blog post Hello Word! I was up until around 3:00 in the morning fretting over what I had just done. I felt so exposed and vulnerable. I had been feeling for a while that the Lord wanted me to write more, but had not prepared myself for the anxiety following my pushing of the Publish button. The feedback and encouragement from other bloggers and persons who read it helped so much to ease my anxiety. The Lord continues to lead me on in this journey and I am incredibly humbled by it. Thank you to everyone who has visited my site and for your feedback.
I have found these 7 blogs to be wonderful, inspiring, creative, thought-provoking, honest, and glorifying to God. These nominations are just a handful of the many blogs I find comforting, entertaining, and simply awesome.
Keep in mind that this award is for fellow women bloggers. There are many fantastic blogs written by brothers in Christ on their own journeys that I find equally encouraging!
…and…here they are:
1. The Faithful Adoptee
2. My Journal of Praise
3. Transformed By The Journey
4. Faithful Nibbles
5. DK Ray – Jesus, Mochas, and Writing
6. Jeweled Gems
7. Life’s Little Slices
Charity passed along this prayer that was passed to her following her nomination. I just felt compelled to keep it going – “Praying God’s continued blessings in your lives; His peace, His power, His strength and protection and that all of your needs be met…spiritual, physical, relational and financial.”
Thank you again Charity for the nomination and to all of you who read my blog.
I’ll end this post with a verse that has brought me great comfort during the desolation of infertility and, even better, for the unfathomable hope we have in Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
Blessings to all!